Dixie Derby Girls News

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Down & Derby in my old backyard.

There's nothing like visiting your old stompin' grounds and catching up with your old friends after being gone for several years. Even better when your return is to take part in a kick-butt Roller Derby event that you can invite old friends to come watch your new found passion!

Coming up on February 27th, I was asked to take part in an exhibition bout with the Burn City Rollers (Auburn, AL). The event is titled "Down and Derby" with all proceeds going towards the Spread the Love Charity.

Spread the Love is a 501(c)(3) charity organization to benefit those fighting cervical cancer and promoting awareness of the disease and the importance of early detection. The fundraiser is in honor of women like Tallahassee Rollergirl Danger S. (Stephanie) who are battling the disease. (A battle that I hits close to home for me.)

Even better, the bout isn't in Auburn, but in Phenix City, Alabama... minutes away from my previous address from several years ago. I'm very familiar with the area, and miss many of my friends from the Chattahoochee area. I'm inviting them all out to witness my derby alter-ego in action and to catch up while I'm in town.

Down and Derby Exhibition
February 27th, 2010
6pm EASTERN
$5 admission at door

Gr8 Sk8 (up the hill behind Big Lots)
1031 Hwy 280 Byp
Phenix City, AL 36867
334-448-8848
view map


*Fold-up chairs/ seat cushions recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=5730c5143071b00fdfecee6bb709003d