Dixie Derby Girls News

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Broken Hearted Skate-a-thon 2011 Edition


Well, its that time of year again, folks.

The 4th Annual Broken Hearted Skate-a-thon is coming up again! This is the fund raiser we do every year to benefit the American Heart Association where we ask for donations per lap we skate during the 2 hour skate-a-thon.

Last year
you might remember I was challenged by a friend to do 250 laps in an attempt to "melt my little skate wheels off". I accepted, and turned in a dizzying 316-lap performance which took me about a week to recover from.

Well this year, I'm going to attempt to melt down my new skate wheels and shoot for 325 laps. We raised a ton of $$ last season for the American Heart Association to give back to the "Broken Hearted", and I'm hoping that with your spare change we can beat that this year as well!

Everyone is invited to come skate laps for Broken Hearts with us on February 9th at Roller Time Skate Center (707 Arcadia Cir. Huntsville, AL) for a $10 donation (+$3 for skate rental).

OR

you can make a one-time donation online!

I've made it super easy... just click below to donate via paypal.

Donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE!




Thanks for all your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=5730c5143071b00fdfecee6bb709003d